You have the kitchen, the family room, likely the living room, and the dining room. Heck- you probably even chose all the decor in your bedroom. One room that has a unique male presence in most decor? The Den, or study- whatever you call it in your home, can be a refuge for the man in your life. But how do you prevent it from quickly turning into a football-drenched, beer signage-hanging ‘man cave?’ Helping to create a space that is cozy and masculine while curating pieces that last a lifetime.
Delta Girl Frames Styling Guide: Finally, a Man Space You’ll Love, Too!
We’ve put together a few key pieces, with some of our newest Delta Girl Frames, that we think both you and your significant other will love. A room you’d be proud of showing off, instead of closing the door to guests when they come over. Ha.
- The Leather Furniture: This can be classic or modern, completely up to your overall decor style. If you’re more classically inclined, we suggest a Chesterfield or English Roll Arm style. For the more modern home, keep the lines clean and the furniture low.
- The Book Collection: Whether it’s a set you purchase online, novels you’ve collected over the years, or old books you’ve picked up at antique stores, this sets the tone for the rest of the room.
- A Bold Rug: You have so many options with this one. A faux animal hide helps hone in on a hunting esthetic. A Persian or Oriental rug gives your room a world traveler look. Or a geometric rug can take your room in the modern direction. Of course, there’s always the clean option of a natural fiber rug.
- The Wood Pieces: While you may not have wood paneled walls like old English estates, you can still create that look by incorporating wood furniture. Look for side tables that are transitional and a desk fit for a king.
- A few Outdoor Elements: Keep it simple with these, as they are meant to be accents in your room. A few plants, some antique sports memorabilia, landscape artwork. You get where we’re going with this.
- The Perfect Paint Colors: Depending on the light your room gets during the day, you can go as light or as dark as you want with this option. We would absolutely fall over if we saw a den in Sherwin Williams Caviar, but can totally appreciate if that’s too dark or bold for your home. In that case, might we suggest Sherwin Williams Westchester Grey or, for an even lighter option, Sherwin Williams Perfect Greige.
- And, of course, our latest Delta Girl Frames.